Help bring MLS to St. Louis
St. Louis has a unique opportunity to bring Major League Soccer to St. Louis – while making critical improvements to the infrastructure and key services of our great city. There is a lot of work ahead of us, but momentum is building toward a positive and exciting result on April 4. Every vote will count and we need support like yours to make sure we move St. Louis forward in a way that only MLS can deliver! As a city resident, you can help shape the vision of St. Louis for generations to come! We ask for you vote of Yes on Propositions 1&2.
CYC strongly supports this effort to improve our city and grow the game of soccer in St. Louis!
There are two critical ballot measures that need our support. Proposition 1 calls for the expansion of Metrolink and provides critical funding for key city services and initiatives. Proposition 2 allocates business use tax revenue to help fund a Major League Soccer stadium on 20+ acres of vacant land in downtown St. Louis.
Proposition 2 provides the following for St. Louis:
• 400+ construction jobs
• 450+ permanent jobs
• $17 million in tax revenue to the City
• ZERO impact on City residents unless they visit the stadium (businesses fund the tax)
If you want to learn more about the project, please visit: http://saintlouisfc.com/mls/stl.
The deadline to register to vote is March 8. Click here to learn how to register: https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/board-election-commiss...
How can you help? There are several ways to join the cause! Below are a few:
• Place a yard sign in front of your house to let your neighbors know you support MLS2STL.
• Volunteer to canvas city neighborhoods to help educate city residents on the benefits MLS could bring to St. Louis.
• Contact friends, family members and neighbors who live in the city and let them know you support MLS2STL and you are asking for their support as well. Ask them to vote Yes on Propositions 1 & 2!
• Join us at the various events that we will host between now and April 4 to share information about MLS2STL and generate excitement around this incredible opportunity.
To volunteer: http://www.saintlouisfc.com/mls/MLS2STL_Campaign_Sign-up
Your support is greatly appreciated. Together we can make a difference in our community!